The STUDER S242 CNC combination hard turning and grinding machine combines the technologies of cylindrical grinding and hard turning in an ideal way.
The Studer S242 is a flexible hard-fine machining center for grinding, turning and milling operations on medium-sized workpieces. It has a distance between centers of up to 1000mm and it can machine workpieces with a maximum weight of 60kg. Due to the design concept of the machine both applications can be done without compromise. In other words, highly productive hard fine machining of shafts and chuck components to a high quality, size holding capability and fine surface finishes all in one clamping. Ideal for large production series and also for small batch sizes and even single parts.
- Distance between centres 400/800/1000 mm
- Swing diameter 180 mm
- Synchronous tailstock with selectable axial clamping pressure for workpiece drive definable for each workpiece in the workpiece program
- Multiple in-process gauging options where indivudual workpiece positions and diameters are stored in the workpiece program.
- Machine bed with inclined design (machining plane 45°) made from Granitan
- Standardised interfaces for loader and peripheral devices
- Automated part handling system (option)
- Easy programming with StuderWIN
- Full enclosure with sliding door
- The modular kit system enables customer-specific designs
- Large range of accessories